Step-by-Step Guide for Hoshizaki IM Disinfection
Sanitization of Ice Makers is an important aspect of caring for your ice machines and making sure that the produced ice complies with the highest hygiene standards.
Follow these simple steps to sanitize your Hoshizaki IM like a Pro
Make sure you have these items at hand:
What you need:
- Suitable container
- 5.25% sodium hypochlorite solution diluted with water. Depending on your IM model, you will need a different dilution rate of 5.25% sodium hypochlorite solution
– IM-21-65: 15 ml of sodium hypochlorite solution diluted with 3.8 liters of water
– IM-100/130/160: 30 ml of sodium hypochlorite solution diluted with 7.6 liters of water
– IM-240: 44ml of sodium hypochlorite solution diluted with 11.4 liters of water
- Kay 5 Sanitizer, available from Hoshizaki
Sanitization of the Interior
Step 1: Shut off the water supply.
Step 2: Push “Reset”-Button to start the defrosting process.
Step 3: Please wait for the defrosting process to end.
Step 4: Start the cleaning cycle
Once the water pan starts to close, push the “DOWN”-Button or the “SERVICE 2”-Button for 5 seconds. The cleaning cycle starts. The water pan will now open and close again.
Step 5: As soon as the water pan is closed, please fill in the solution with the help of a funnel.
Step 6: Place the funnel in the water feed opening
…and fill in your sodium hypochlorite solution. The liquid will rapidly run through the inside of the machine, thoroughly disinfecting the inner parts.